Minimally Invasive Surgery Technology in Oxnard
High-Quality, Patient-Centered Gynecology Office in Ventura County
Dr. Edwin Ramirez, MD is an internationally renowned gynecologic surgeon
with a special interest in women's health. At our Oxnard
gynecology office, we strive to exceed patients' expectations by providing them
high-quality, and effective care centered on education and collaboration with the patient.
Our Oxnard gynecologist office is affiliated with the following hospitals:
- Community Memorial Hospital
- St. John’s Regional Medical Center
- California Hospital Medical Center
- MiVIP Beverly Hills Regional Surgery Center
- Palmdale Regional Medical Center
We invite you to
schedule your visit
with our office at (805) 468-4886.
Cutting-Edge, Safer Procedures
A fellow in the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as
board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr.
Ramirez is a second-generation obstetrician and gynecologist who believes
in using minimally invasive surgery. We care about your long-term health,
and we strive to provide
procedures that are safe and effective.
Advanced laparoscopic procedures offered in Oxnard include:
- Laparoscopic treatment of ovarian cysts
- Laparoscopic neovaginoplasty (Vecchietti procedure)
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy
da Vinci® Surgical System
What are the advantages of minimally invasive surgery?
Minimally invasive surgery offers patients many crucial benefits when compared
with traditional surgery, including:
- A higher accuracy rate compared to traditional surgery.
- Less discomfort and pain after the procedure, resulting in a decreased
need for pain relievers.
- The smaller incision size enables faster healing time than traditional
surgery, allowing the patient to resume daily life much quicker.
- Minimally invasive surgery also leaves the patient with smaller, less noticeable
scars and requires only a few stitches after the procedure.
- Less trauma to the muscles, nerves and tissues.
- Less bleeding.
What is the
da Vinci® Surgical System?
da Vinci Surgical System is an elegant and sophisticated solution for major surgical
procedures that is designed to be minimally invasive. This system utilizes
miniaturized wristed instruments and high-definition 3D camera monitoring
to allow the surgeon a complete view using only a small incision in the patient.
This effectively enhances the doctor's capabilities and ensures that
he or she stays in total control of the procedure at all times, while
simultaneously reducing the risk of infection or trauma. State-of-the-art
robotic and computer technologies combine to translate the surgeon's
hand directions at the
da Vinci console into micro-movements using miniaturized instruments.
Advanced, Personalized Care for Women in Ventura County
Learn more about our minimally invasive surgical procedures and the factors that set
Rassetti Gynecology apart. You deserve to have confidence in your doctor, and that's why
we're ready to answer any and all questions you may have.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment at (805) 468-4886.